Town Varna in the disciplines of Medicine and Dentistry, courses entirely in English.
Applicants, interested in direct admission (without language preparatory course) for the Programs in English are required either to sit the English for Academic Medical Studies examination at Medical University of Varna or to submit (in case they hold such) one the following certificates (on the required level/ scores), proving their English language proficiency:
List with Internationally Recognized Language Proficiency Tests
Accepted language proficiency tests and certificates Level/scores required
Cambridge ESOL Exams FCE level – Pre-Advanced First Certificate in English, or higher
ECL Level B2, or higher
IELTS Band 6 – competent user, or higher
Pearson Test of English General Level 3, or higher
TELC The European Language Certificates, or telc – language tests
telc English B2, or higher
TOEFL iBT (computer-based test) Scores from 61 and above
TOEFL PBT (paper-based test) Scores from 543 and above; Score of 4.0 (scale 1-6) in written test or higher
Trinity’s Integrated Skills in English (ISE) exams ISE II level, or higher
ENGLISH LANGUAGE EXAMINATION DATES
• 25 June 2017
• 30 July 2017
• 10 September 2017
The instituted administrative fee for sitting the English for Academic Medical Studies examination amounts to 200 euro.
It is mandatory that the prospective foreign applicants:
1) have completed secondary education (hold a Diploma or secondary school leaving certificate) which enables them to continue their studies in higher institutions and universities in the country in which the secondary education has been completed;
2) have studied and completed Biology and Chemistry subjects in the secondary school – for those applicants who are interested in the Programmes of Medicine, Dental Medicine and Pharmacy;
2.1 it is obligatory for the average mark in Biology and Chemistry subjects from the Diploma of secondary education to be not less than 62% of the possible maximum of the grading system in the respective country.
1. Completed application form
2. A copy of the document for completed secondary education (diploma or secondary school leaving certificate);
3. A copy of the official transcript of all studied subjects in secondary education (high school) as well as the obtained final marks in the subjects.
For applicants (citizens of countries which are not members of the EU and EEA) it is obligatory for the average mark in Biology and Chemistry subjects from the Diploma of secondary education to be not less than 62% of the possible maximum of the grading system in the respective country;
4. A document issued by an authorized body (the applicant’s high school) certifying the right (eligibility) of the applicant to continue his/her education in higher institutions and universities in the country in which the latter has acquired his/her secondary education;
5. An original medical health certificate, issued within a month before the date of application, stating that the applicant is in good physical and mental health to pursue a training course at the Medical University of Varna.
All the above listed documents (2, 3, 4 and 5) must be legalized, translated into Bulgarian and certified in accordance with the provisions of the international treaties of the Republic of Bulgaria with the host/issuing state. In the absence of such provisions – the general procedure for legalization, translation and certification of documents and other papers is applicable.
This means: certified true copies (only for documents 2 and 3), certified with the Apostille stamps-for documents 2, 3, 4 and 5 and translated into Bulgarian language with legalized translation.
For more information regarding the Apostille stamp and the authorities, authorized to issue Apostille, please refer to http://www.hcch.net or www.apostilleinfo.com
If the country of the applicant is not a member the Hague Convention (did not sign it) the documents must be legalized by the Ministry of Education (Ministry of Health) and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country of residence of the applicant and the Consular section of the Embassy of the Republic of Bulgaria in the respective country.
6. A declaration by the applicant`s parent(s) for financial support during his/her studies in the Republic of Bulgaria at the Medical University of Varna, legalized by a Notary Public and accompanied by its official translation into Bulgarian;
7. A copy of the international passport of the applicant (only those pages with the photo and data) ;
8. Five recently-taken colour photos /passport size/
Once the Admission Committee has received and approved the candidate`s application (for non-EU and EEA citizens, the documents are then submitted to the Bulgarian Ministry of Education for approval. After taking decision on the application, either a Certificate on the right of the applicant to study (for entrance study visa – type D) is issued or a denial is received. The issuance of this document may take up to a month.
Once the University receives the Certificate, issued by the Ministry of Education and Science, the applicant will be then notified (by phone, e-mail or an official letter) to come and collect the Certificate personally or by an authorized representative of yours. After receiving the Certificate you are then required to apply for a student visa type D at the Bulgarian Embassy in your country.
Deadline for submission of application documents:
Application documents are submitted from 1 June to 30 August 2017